HeadPeace is a comfortable head protector designed to reduce radiation exposure in the upper section of your head.
Art no: PHP1025S, PHP1025M, PHP1025L
HeadPeace is personal protection equipment (PPE) intended to reduce cranial exposure to ionizing radiation for medical practitioners during clinical interventions. HeadPeace has a patented design, and studies show it reduces radiation exposure to the upper section of the head1,2. The design of HeadPeace is ergonomically verified, comfortable, and facilitates long-term performance without jeopardizing safety.
Several studies have been performed to evaluate the ability of HeadPeace to reduce radiation doses to the operator’s head in routine clinical interventions. Go to our scientific clinical data page and our scientific phantom data page to view the recent data.
HeadPeace was recently clinically proven for its functionality and usability in clinical environments. Researchers at the Centre for Health Technology Halland (HCH), Halmstad University, Sweden, investigated how HeadPeace affects anthropometric, biomechanics, and ergonomic parameters during clinical interventions. They concluded that 100% of the respondents experienced great functionality and usability of HeadPeace in clinical environments:
+ Easy to use
+ Adequate fit and compatible with eyeglasses
+ No negative effect on head and work postures.
THE POWER OF THE CORPULS3 ON YOUR WRIST
Corpuls control is a revolutionary add-on product for the corpuls3. It is also our first step into the world of mobile applications. The idea behind it: it is not always possible for rescuers to work on a patient without endangering themselves. For example, during a mission in an ambulance or during a turbulent rescue flight, there is always the danger that the rescue personnel could lose their balance. A fall can have dire consequences for both the rescue personnel and the patient. It is safer for the crew when they are strapped into their seats. But then the patient monitor may not be in reach.
+ The attenuation efficiency ranges from 76 to 90% in radiological interventions.¹
+ Reduce radiation exposure towards the upper section of your head up to 20 times.³
+ Proven for its comfortability and to have no negative effect on your head and work postures.⁴
+ Lead equivalence: 0,25 mm Pb, total product weight: from 225 gram
+ To meet hygienic requirements outer material is made from high quality textile, enabling breathability and cleaning.
+ Pliable and comfortable towards your skin with a soft touch fabric feel.
+ Adjustable for perfect fit and compatible with eye-lead glasses. HeadPeace comes with Velcro closure.
+ Lead-free material eliminating highly toxic lead dust exposure with irreversible health effects on vital organs.⁵
+ Put it in your pocket function: 30 times more durable compared to other materials, preventing prematurely, unsafe tears.
1. Bärenfänger, F., Walbersloh, J., El Mouden R., Goerg, F., Block, A., Rohde, S., Clinical evaluation of a novel head protection system for interventional radiologists. European Journal of Radiology 2022:147.
2. Larsson M, Apell P, Jonasson P, Lundh C. Evaluation of a novel thyroid collar designed to reduce head and neck radiation exposure during X-ray guided interventions. Poster presentation at the LINC meeting, Leipzig, Germany, 2020.
3. Larsson M., Jonasson, P., Apell P., Evaluation of a new personal radiation protection device for the operator’s head during X-ray diagnostics and interventions. Physica Medica, European Journal of Medical Physics, 2018, 52:84.
4. Jonsson E., Centre for Health Technology Halland (HCH), Halmstad University, Sweden. (2017)
5. Burns K., Shoag J., Kahlon S., Parsons P., Bijur P., Taragin B., Morri Markowitz M., Lead Aprons Are a Lead Exposure Hazard, J Am Coll Radiol 2016; American College of Radiology
Declaration of Conformity
Please view Texray Declaration of Conformity in PDF format by clicking the link below. Will open in new window.
Please view Texray Limited Warranty in PDF format by clicking the link below. Will open in new window.
Instruction for Use
Please view Texray Instruction for Use in PDF format by clicking the link below. Will open in new window.
HeadPeace is manufactured out of Texray that is a patented technology platform and constitutes a woven and breathable textile with attenuating capacity and protects the user from harmful radiation. The textile allows vapor transport due to the properties of Texray. The CE mark shows that HeadPeace meets the essential safety and performance requirements for personal protection equipment (PPE). HeadPeace 0.25 mm Pb complies with IEC 61331:2014 and is certified in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/425